Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 12th, 2013 02:00

Inspiron 14R SE (7420) heating issue

My laptop get heated while in sleep mode for 30mins or more. Current OS is Windows 7 ultimate x64, previous was Windows 8. 

Things I have done:

BIOS updated, version A16.
System Diagnostics, no error found.

any idea how to get rid of this issue?

119 Posts

Hi,

I suggest that you clean the air inlet and outlet with a can of compressed air, place the system on a surface where there is good air circulation.

- You may aso add a little bit of thermal grease to the processor

25 Posts

I bought this laptop 2 months back, I don't think it is the dust problem.

and its heating during SLEEP MODE not when using it.

1.5K Posts

May 12th, 2013 03:00

Hi AlvinChan94,

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused and promise you that I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Please check the link below which would help you resolve this issue:

http://dell.to/ZRGrYi

Kindly perform these steps and let us know, so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

25 Posts

I visited that link long ago. 

None of it helps. Its only talk about when the dell system is running but not in sleep mode. 

What issue I am currently facing is, when I put my laptop into sleep mode, it gains heat and when the time I come back, the temperature is hotter than when I running high graphic game. And I am very confirm that the laptop is in sleep mode where the indicator is slowly blinking.

My previous laptop(inspiron 1440) won't perform that way, it remain cold.

1.5K Posts

Hi AlvinChan94,

I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue. Does the laptop overheats in sleep mode only or does it happens when using the system?

Also, kindly check the laptop on a different surface as is space is not available for vents then laptop could also overheat.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

25 Posts

May 12th, 2013 04:00

Only during and after sleep mode. Its just slightly warm during normal usage, a little hotter when gaming.

I have a laptop cooler as always.

1.5K Posts

May 16th, 2013 04:00

Hi AlvinChan94,

I regret for the delayed reply as I was away.  If the system is under warranty then please contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

And, if the system is out of warranty then you contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below:

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

No Events found!