Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2012 10:00

Inspiron 14Z (N411z) Network drivers

There are seven drivers listed in the download section. do I install all?

Thanks

October 19th, 2012 11:00

Hi,

Please download the following drivers from Dell' support site :

Chipset
Video
Audio
Network
Wireless/Bluetooth
Media Card Reader
USB 3.0 Controller

Use the link below to download the drivers :

http://dell.to/PGAqxO

Once you are on this webpage insert the system Service Tag and select the Operating System you are using.

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

October 19th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

The network section of the Dell download area shows seven network drivers. Do I install all of them for my system?

Thanks,

Jorge

October 24th, 2012 15:00

Hi,

Please install the appropriate driver, depending on the card installed in the system. Follow the steps below:

1. Use the link: http://dell.to/9Bx54
2. Click Drivers and Downloads.
3. Enter the System Service Tag.
4. Under the Network section download the WLAN driver depending on the card present in the system.
5. Install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

26 Posts

October 24th, 2012 18:00

Hey Jedo!

Lol, I have the same laptop model and when I fresh installed windows, I was confused when I went to doenlaod network drivers as well.

Here are the drivers I use with the Centrino 1030:

Atheros Ethernet: R305956

Intel Proset: R305960

Intel Bluetooth: R305961

Intel Bluetooth HS: R305962

3 Posts

October 25th, 2012 10:00

Thanks Thur...this helps!

October 26th, 2012 19:00

Hi JEDOPPS925,

Please confirm if the issue is resolved?

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

5 Posts

October 27th, 2012 16:00

No, this does not answer the question.  How the heck are they suppose to know which chipset they have!!  I entered my service tag and it lists six different driver packages for Intel ProSet, centrino wireless chipsets.  I need to ethernet driver so I downloaded the Atheros 10/100 driver and It has not added an Ethernet device to device manager nor does device manager discover one.  If you work for dell then give relevant advice, we are not idiots.  We probably already tried installing before coming to the forum.    

October 30th, 2012 11:00

Hi rashaunny,

I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered of not locating the correct drivers for the Ethernet. Please provide me with the system Service Tag in a private message so that I can suggest you the compatible drivers for the system.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply to my private messagr.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

3.8K Posts

May 29th, 2013 03:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.            

No Events found!