Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2013 11:00

Inspiron 14z 5423: poor audio quality/volume

I recently purchased an Insipron 14z 5423 running Windows 8.  I've generally found the sound quality coming from the laptop speakers (I have yet to try it with headphones or external speakers) to be mediocre-to-poor.  The volume is barely, if at all, inaudible with the volume slider set at under 50% (and not all that loud even when the slider is at the highest volume) and the sound is generally tinny and of poor quality.  I don't know whether there might be software fixes such as other drivers that might help (I downloaded the most recent version of the IDT driver), whether my speakers are defective, or whether this is just how the speakers on this system are.  If anyone has advice/insight, please let me know.

• 

3.3K Posts

June 12th, 2013 13:00

Hi dontstopbelieving,

Thank you for the update. Good to know that you updated the audio drivers. As mentioned in the post, I request you to check with external speakers or ear phones.  Revert with the status to assist you further.

June 13th, 2013 08:00

Hello - I tried with external speakers and earphones and the sound is much better and louder.  The low volume and bad quality seems to be an issue that only occurs with the laptop's own speakers.

• 

3.3K Posts

June 14th, 2013 11:00

Hi dontstopbelieving,

Thank you for the update. Please send me a private message with the systems service tag to check the warranty and assist you further. Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

1 Message

July 19th, 2014 10:00

I have the exact same problem with sound quality and volume of my Inspiron 14. Can you please tell me what I need to do in order to fix it?

Thank you

1 Message

December 31st, 2014 02:00

Even i'm having the same issues with  my laptop and also there is a light in the third button from the left which is continuously blinking. What does that light mean?

2 Posts

June 28th, 2016 00:00

I have the same issue with my dell inspirion 14z 5423.

is there any driver available??

i thought its the manufacturing defect so continued came across the forum today .

can you help me

No Events found!