Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2014 19:00

Inspiron 14z 5423 screen not turning on

I am having an interesting issue.

I turned on my laptop and it gave me a low battery message. Pressed F1 to continue while I plugged in. Booted up and logged in as normal. I went to open Firefox and adjust the screen down slightly, and the screen went black. I shut down thinking battery may have died before I got it plugged in. Went to start back up, and the screen is staying black. I can hear the hd spin and I can log in (hear the log in chime) but have nothing on the screen....

Any ideas or help? Laptop is just over 1.5 yr old, only used for school and paying bills online.

459 Posts

March 6th, 2014 19:00

HI IMADUDE1134,

You may need a new screen, until then do you have an external display port like HDMI or VGA.

HERE: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/expired_warranty?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=bsdr&DoNotRedirect=y

If you don't there are other resources available like USB to VGA or DVI.

March 7th, 2014 08:00

Thanks for the input. I was messing around with it, and noticed I that in the right light and at the right angle, I can see what is on the screen, but it looks like the back-light on the screen isn't turning on. Is that something that would need to be replaced? Or is there a connection that might have wiggled loose that I can check?

1 Message

March 8th, 2014 13:00

Having the same issue with my daughter's 1.5 year old 14z laptop, but now can't even see a faint image.   It has to do with the screen, as it works great when connected to the TV as external monitor.  Did you find a solution?

1 Message

June 25th, 2014 17:00

Any solution so far_
No Events found!