Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2014 19:00

Inspiron 15 3521 High Resolution Movie palyback lags/broken pixels

Hi,

I'm trying to watch bluray movies (1080p) from an extrenal bluray drive attached to my Dell Inspiron and the video just keeps on breaking into a bunch of pixels and gives me a grey screen every minute for 6/7 seconds of the movie playback, the audio also skips back to the part where the lag started and then skips again to the current time, so basically missing 7 secs of audio everytime this happens). The only way I can get rid of this display problem is when I make my dvd player size really really small but then I can't see anything.

Is there a possibility to watch HD movies without this happening? What can I do?

Thank you

2 Posts

August 18th, 2014 17:00

Still waiting on help with this issue, in the meantime, I downloaded the new windows 8.1, and now also having troubles with the catalyst control centre.

I updated the drivers from Dell using my service tag number but the issue still not fixed, The video lag on HD videos also continues on as usual and now the startup and shutdown time of the laptop varies from 1-2 minutes (where as before it was only about 20 seconds)

Some laptop specs:

Touchscreen, i7, 4GB DDR3

Thanks for the help!

No Events found!