Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 29th, 2014 08:00

Inspiron 15 3537 no HDMI output

Hello, I have bought a Dell Inspiron 15 3537, it has AMD Radeon HD 8670M, and integrated Intel HD graphics (Core i5-4200U), and it comes with Ubuntu 12.04 preinstalled, and I also installed Windows 7 on a different partition.

The laptop's only video output is a HDMI port, however, it doesn't work. It can't detect the connected external displays, and recognizes only the laptop's own screen (and Intel WiDi on Windows).

I think I tried everything I could do:

• Tried with 3 different, working HDMI cables, didn't work
  • Tried with a Samsung TV and an LCD monitor, didn't work
  • The System Diagnostic tool you can run before booting the OS shows no error.
  • Neither the Intel driver nor AMD Catalyst detects the connected display
  • Tried Win+P (projector mode), didn't work
  • Updating the drivers (on both Linux and Windows) didn't help
  • Updating the system didn't help
  • Tried beta and open-source AMD drivers, still didn't work
  • Tried turning on output from Linux command line (xrandr, amdconfig), didn't work

So what else can I do with this?

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2015 07:00

I brought it back to the shop, and they sent it to the Dell service. The repair took exactly one month (probably depends on where you live), and it was free. They replaced the whole motherboard, and now it works correctly.

3 Posts

June 30th, 2014 14:00

I installed it, but the program doesn't even start. No errors, just nothing happens.

I've also updated the BIOS, but that didn't help either.

1 Message

December 24th, 2014 03:00

Hello, Please tell me if you solved the HDMI  problem. Or someone who connected this laptop to a external monitor..  I want to buy this laptop to use it mainly with external monitor. Thanks

1 Message

January 6th, 2015 04:00

I have got exactly the same problem, external; devices are not discovered by laptop at all - I bought it about 3 months ago. Will call Dell support and mention this thread on forum, looks like I will have to send my laptop as well...

7 Posts

January 6th, 2015 14:00

I found the fix on another forum where the same problem happened to the in-laws laptop. The laptop screen resolution is set at 1366. The TV doesn't recognize that res.. Set the laptop screen res to 1360 and it should work. Thought they had a lemon, but setting the laptop screen res. back to 1360 and it looks/works fine on the TV.

No Events found!