aidanodr
1 Nickel

Inspiron 15-5548 - maybe Touch Screen issue, not sure ..

Hi Guys,

Have an Inspiron 15-5548 touch screen laptop.

When it boots into Windows 10 ( and same with Win 8 previously ) I get a load Finger Circles randomly appearing on the screen. Thats the best I can describe. Same as if you push an LCD screen with finger and see a "circle" around your finger point.

These randomly hop all around the screen, going on and off. Once into desktop it doesnt seem to happen.

Randomly also while at the Win 10 login screen where you type the password you see them and they can make it impossible to type the password because they move you out of password box as if you moved away with the touchpad or mouse. You have to keep clicking the password box and if quick enough, will get to type the password & finally login.

Today once I was logged in I couldnt get the mouse pointer out of the start menu. I rebooted and it now seems to have settled down.

This doesnt happen all the time BUT the "finger circles" flitting about the screen pre password screen always happens.

Im just wondering what this could be? Is it a software thing? Can I disable the touchscreeen to see if it resolves? If so is that done through BIOS? 

So I am not sure is it a touch screen issue or a touchpad issue or something else.

Appreciate any feedback .. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aidanodr
1 Nickel

RE: Inspiron 15-5548 - maybe Touch Screen issue, not sure ..

Very hard to describe whats happening as I said BUT I might have a better description.

Its like pre desktop the screen is "pressing itself" at different points & you see the press spots ..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
knotters
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 15-5548 - maybe Touch Screen issue, not sure ..

If it helps I'm having the same problem. I've tried a clean install and even replaced the hard drive with SSD. DELL and I have spent a lot of time on the phone with this including updating BIOS and drivers as my machines two years old. It's good to hear I have support in that you have the same problem. I'm going back to them today as they've not sorted it out. My screen is not a perfect fit to the casing and I wonder if this has any thing to do with it?

0 Kudos