Highlighted
virengupta13
1 Nickel

Inspiron 15 5559 i7 6th gen, left speaker sound crackling on high levels

Hi, 

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 5559 i7 6th gen Laptop on 1st November, I faced the distorting and crackling issue in the beginning but i checked the solutions here and switched the realtek driver to the windows default driver and it was working well until today. I have tested my dell speakers on various test videos available online and the general speaker configure option of windows, laptops right speaker is working good but left produces a crackling noise at high pitch sound. Please tell me what should i do? I have done multiple reinstalls of the driver but nothing worked. I have decided that its a hardware fault, just trying my luck here. 

Regards

Viren Kumar Gupta

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Inspiron 15 5559 i7 6th gen, left speaker sound crackling on high levels

Hi virengupta13,

Thanks for posting.

If the noise is only coming through one of the speakers and it is not there when you listen through headphones, then the speaker probably needs to be replaced. If you are still under warranty you can contact Tech Support, but before you do remove all media players except Windows Media Player, or else you will be denied warranty service.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos