Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 15 5567 keyboard issues

I bought a new Inspiron 15 5567 a few months ago and have had no issues with it until now. Now when I try to type anything, it acts as if the alt key is pressed (giving special characters such as á or é or triggers keyboard shortcuts e.g. alt tab). I have tried resetting the language, deleting the keyboard driver and restarting the computer with no improvement. Occasionally it will revert to normal for a few seconds but then goes back to being unusable. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

9.4K Posts

November 15th, 2017 08:00

Have you tried using an external keyboard and does it give the same results?  If not, you should try cleaning and blowing out the keyboard with canned air.  If none of that is working, the keyboard may need to be replaced.

To receive assistance from Dell chat support, they need to verify the warranty status and ownership. Then you must troubleshoot with them. Click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Provide to them the private Dell PC Service Tag and all of your troubleshooting.

No Events found!