Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2017 00:00

Inspiron 15 7000 7567 issue with screen upon opening laptop

Every time I close my laptop and open it back up I'm greeted with this screen: 

I've tried: running malwarebytes, updating my drivers, running Dell update, and I've restarted the computer like 800 times. Every time I restart it, it goes back to normal but once I close it, it goes back to this state. That one square patch is my mouse, I can move it around but that's all it can do as far as I can tell. I've tried clicking everywhere while it's on this state but nothing happens. It was completely fine yesterday but now this, what's up with it?

4 Posts

October 31st, 2017 01:00

Yo! I had the same problem on the same exact computer (along with another a few days ago). It's a BIOS issue. Took it in to get an ADR tune up and the software checked out. Fixed the problem. 

2 Posts

October 31st, 2017 02:00

Same thing just happened to mine as well today. This happens regardless of having the power cord plugged in or any other apps running. All the troubleshooting I've done so far

-Turned off fast restart

-Disabled hibernation

-Verified wake options were turned on in power settings

-Reinstalled the GTX 1050 ti driver

-Went through the power and system maintenance troubleshooter

-Uninstalled intel rapid storage technology and intel management engine

None of which have worked so far.

@Kmrutz, I'm not famililar with the term ADR, could you explain what that means? I'm curious to know if there's anything I can do from home first.

1 Message

October 31st, 2017 04:00

I have the exact same problem, i haven't tried calling the support services or the store where i brought it from, but it always goes like that whenever i close my laptop and open again.

6 Posts

October 31st, 2017 05:00

Uninstalling Dell SupportAssist fixed it for me. Same screen upon awaking and reboot needed. Old SupportAssist worked but as soon as I updated to the latest version this problem immediately started for me. Uninstall, problem went away. Reinstalled, problem came right back. Uninstalled and went away again.  

9 Posts

October 31st, 2017 06:00

update bios

1 Message

October 31st, 2017 23:00

I rolled back the updates on the Nvidia card and the the intel graphics card under the display adapters in the control panel and that worked for me. I think there may have been  a bug in this new update...

1 Message

November 1st, 2017 00:00

So I also had this same issue, and I came across two solutions, the first worked for me immediately. Once your laptop is fully powered off, press and hold D, and tap the power button. The screen should display red, blue, and green solid colors on the screen. Once it finished, then press the power button again. If that doesn't work, some people have credited to the new installation of Dell Support Assist. That was the second solution (uninstall it) that may or may not work (considering the first worked for me).

2 Posts

November 1st, 2017 01:00

I had this issue and I updated my BIOS. Problem is completely gone now!

4 Posts

November 1st, 2017 13:00

I've been having the same problem, starting yesterday. Updated the BIOS and it seems to have fixed it.

13 Posts

November 2nd, 2017 02:00

Confirm that this problem is solved by installing BIOS update.

9.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 05:00

Here's the information:  http://dell.to/2zerniW

1 Message

November 12th, 2017 23:00

Same problem, same computer, I hope to solve this problem following your instructions

2 Posts

November 13th, 2017 20:00

I had the same issue, I updated by new bios, version 1.2.0. Then the problem was done, but the next day, my laptop must go to dell service center, because my laptop cannot show display. And problem is the  laptop cannot find hard drive (both hard drive) maybe main fail or hard drive fail, I'm so sad, huhu, I must work without my laptop someday

5 Posts

November 14th, 2017 21:00

My laptop had the same issue, and updating the BIOS to the 1.2.0 version solved it, but i had then another problem. Now my laptop freezes at random times and sometimes reboot (not so often) and became anoying. I decided to go downgrade the BIOS to the 1.1.0 version and the frezees still persist. The screen glitch did'nt go back. Sometimes i have to force my shut downs because the programs just fail and dont respond (all this while websurfing or using Autocad or whatever). Please DELL solve this problem.

4 Posts

November 17th, 2017 11:00

Hi Robert P,

Me and another Dell 7567 Owners, update the BIOS like you suggest and the problem was solved, but now the Notebook are Shutdown when running on Batteries, check this thread: en.community.dell.com/.../20023828

Can you help us? Apparently the Update 1.2.0 has a bug and now the Notebook suddenly shutdown.

In the other thread no one comes to help!

Many thanks, and we are waiting some help.

No Events found!