Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2017 07:00

Inspiron 15 7000 (7579) Hinge Issue

Hello,

I had purchased the Dell 15 7579 2-in-1 laptop in December 2016. Few hours into my use, the right hinge got locked while closing the laptop and I wasn't able to close the laptop. As I subtly tried to close the lid I observed the display lid opening up from the sides (As shown in the image below), hence I stopped right there to avoid any further complications. I did go to the carry-in service center nearby and they said a part of the hinge assembly seems to be broken and needs to be replaced but it won't be covered under warranty.

Though the Dell support team has been very supportive throughout, what I'm really disappointed in is the fact that the hinge gave away within just few hours despite my careful usage. Even the service center team is witness to no external damage being evident on my laptop. It's so frustrating to have to pay for the whole hinge assembly for a laptop this new. Is this the Dell Experience for new customers who're stranded in such situations?

I really hope someone from Dell reading this could actually act and deliver a solution and not the usual "Our policies don't allow..." Also, I have come across lot of hinge issues being raised across online channels.

This is absolutely unfair on the part of the customer to bear this cost for a part that didn't last for a few hours. Dell must consider reaching out and looking into this beyond their "Hinge Policy".

P.S: Attaching images for my laptop below.

January 18th, 2017 12:00

Contact Dell Technical Support ASAP. They cannot argue case for misuse it was only hours or days old.

1 Message

January 25th, 2017 13:00

Hey, mine is presenting exactly the same issue as yours. And to make it even worse, I don't live in the US and Dell doesn't have this model here in Brazil - so importing a replacement screen would cost me the price of a new laptop.

I knew beforehand that buying it abroad would limit my access to warranty and support services, but I purchased it based on Dell's quality standards (at least that I thought it had). I go to the US at least once a year, but I wouldn't expect an issue like this so soon.

I've already decided to used until it works - then it's garbage, but it makes me very frustrated to know it is a fairly common issue.

1 Message

February 14th, 2017 15:00

I was just now using mine, it started clicking. You can see where the hinge is not seated correctly. I think this is a manufacturers issue...I have had mine about a week...it is the 7000 Inspiron 15

No Events found!