Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2016 14:00

Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 - 4k resolution, advice.

Hello, I was hoping for some help with my laptop.

I'm not the best with technology and this is my first experience with 4k, but what I was wondering is why some icons and text appear so small ? My guess was just because of the resolution, but I thought I'd ask here to make sure of that. I've played around with enlarging the icons in the settings and at the moment it's set to 250%, which is fine for most things but with other applications and games it's fair too small.

I have a screen shot for an example.

i1078.photobucket.com/.../Untitled1_zpswtqyblbl.jpg>

The desktop icons are fine and readable where as the writing on the Dropbox window is far too small. Trying to use windows media player with such small icons can also be extremely difficult. 

Thanks for any help.

2.3K Posts

February 19th, 2016 17:00

Hello!  So here is the deal from what i've read over the past year or so regarding 4k.  Windows has its own ability to adjust icons and text depending on the resolution of the monitor and what you want (250%, 150% etc).  Some programs however are not compatible or integrated in windows resolution management so they will run off the native resolution of the monitor ignoring your re-sizing of text and icons etc. Adobe was one that comes to mind, whose programs would not re-size correctly.

If you are playing games, I would set the resolution down to 1080p or maybe 1440p if you can.

No Events found!