Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 14th, 2017 08:00

Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 attempting bios update get "Running on an unsupported system" error

I'm keen to always keep up-to-date on all drivers/firmware on all of my machines.  I just picked up this notebook on cyber monday and let all the automatic updates go on and noticed that bios is currently 1.2.0 while 1.2.4 is available.  When I try to install it, I get a "Running on an unsupported system" message.  I went and downloaded each of the other bios(1.2.1 etc) to see if it required the previous one to upgrade from, but even 1.2.1 gives me the same error.

The service tag is correct for the download page(at least looking at system configuration everything is what I purchased).  What can I do to get current?  Considering "system stability" is the primary listing for the bios updates, I kind of want them.

Apparently, there will be a new update on 1/2/2018, but I'm going to have to assume it'll have the same issue since all of the updates give the same error.

Inspiron 15 7559 i7 7700HQ, 16GB ram, GTX 1060(MaxQ) 256GB SSD, 1TB HHD, FHD display, Windows 10 Home 16299.125. if it makes any difference.

Oh, and of course, I did run the "40 min" diagnostic test with zero problems.

9 Posts

December 18th, 2017 05:00

The actual issue is that someone has missassociated my service tag/express code with the actual model of notebook.  I tried chatting with Dell support on Friday and ended up having to call and go through several support reps until someone had heard of this problem before.  They did some work and it now shows the proper model(7577) at the top of the support page, but when I go to drivers, it's still showing 7559.  Hopefully they'll get it resolved.  If anyone else has a problem with drivers, double check every line of the page to see if you are also misassociated.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 14th, 2017 16:00

Your system cannot be a 7559 -- that model shipped with Skylake (6th generation) CPUs.

Go into the setup page (F2 at powerup) and verify the system model number -- the version that shipped with seventh-generation  Kaby Lake CPUs is the 7567.

9 Posts

December 15th, 2017 06:00

Where would I find the system model number in setup?  I see my dell service tag and express code, which I verified is the same as on the support page and when I go to "system configuration" on the support page.

Just found my original order that says it's a 7577.  So..I guess the real problem is the support page is faulty?  When I go directly to the 7577 support page and try and detect drivers it tells me this isn't the proper system.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 15th, 2017 07:00

It's an Inspiron 7577.  Your  BIOS downloads are here:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 15th, 2017 07:00

Don't use the detect drivers option.

Just download the driver(s) you want!

2 Posts

December 18th, 2017 14:00

hey its important to make sure your computer is not defective they can try to help

Also check out this fourm  and read it trying not to cause more problems

en.community.dell.com/.../19988604

No Events found!