Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2016 21:00

Inspiron 15 7000 series 7559 - No touchscreen after Windows 10 update

Recently Windows 10 decided that it would install an update. After that update, the touchscreen ceased to work. Since then, I have been trying to get it to work, but I have had no success. Dell provides no drivers for the touchscreen. This is how the touchscreen currently appears in the system profiler:

Dell support has only been able to tell me to send it in for repairs. That is not really an option for me, and it is a bit ridiculous given that it seems to be software.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 29th, 2016 07:00

" Dell support has only been able to tell me to send it in for repairs. That is not really an option for me, and it is a bit ridiculous given that it seems to be software "

:emotion-2:

You sent off the laptop to Dell ? Or you fix the touch screen problem ? Any updates ?

I do suspect a corrupt windows update or you took out a USB flash drive without ejecting it from the taskbar.

By the way, thanks for the images. 

November 29th, 2016 13:00

It has not been fixed yet. I didn't send it to Dell, hopefully it will not come to that...

Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? It seems like the driver is screwed up in some way, but I can't find any driver for it online- I assume it is supposed to be embedded in Windows.

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 29th, 2016 16:00

' Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

:emotion-2:

I usually see this error code 45 when I unplug either external drive, USB flash drive, printer or head phones without ejecting from the taskbar. I suggest you check for any unknown devices in Taskbar. For example; If you see USB flash drive icon, even though there isn't a flash drive in any of the USB ports, you should plug a USB flash drive into port and then eject from the taskbar.  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 29th, 2016 17:00

Fourth.....

Go to device manager,expand Human interface devices, right click on first USB input devices, Properties, and then Power Management. Unclick all boxes.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Secondly, I suggest you power off system and then disconnect all peripherals. Power on system again, hopefully touch screen is working now. If the touch screen still isn't working then I suggest you run windows update troubleshooting tool on system. Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto {Cortana} search box, click 'view all' and then windows update. I suggest you run the other tools as well, see image below.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Touch screen may have intermittent issues or stop working due to power management settings

www.dell.com/.../en

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Third......

Go to device manager, update Disk drivers, Display adapters, firmware (see image below), and then power off system. Power on again, hopefully touch screen working now.

December 25th, 2016 15:00

Tried those with no success. I restored Windows from the Windows 10 disk that I downloaded off of Dell Support. Now, no touchscreen appears in Device Manager. It is not just hidden and disconnected, there is simply no touchscreen. I am relatively sure that this is a driver/update issue, but Dell provides no touchscreen driver! It simply is not available. I am going to try and badger Dell Support later, but frankly, they are apparently not competent- if they were, this issue would be resolved.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 25th, 2016 17:00

The touch screen driver should be in one of the windows updates. Please check for the latest windows updates are installed on computer. Press Windows icon key + R key, type ms-settings:, and then select OK.  In Settings, choose Update & security, Windows Update, and then select check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. I also suggest you check 'Update History' for any fail updates.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 25th, 2016 17:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 25th, 2016 18:00

Update System Setup(BIOS) and see if that make a difference. Please click on link below:

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

After you updated BIOS then I suggest you update Chipset and video drivers in correct order. Please click on link below:

www.dell.com/.../EN

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I also suggest you update System Setup BIOS. Please click on link below:

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

After you updated BIOS then I suggest you update the Chipset and video drivers in correct order:  

www.dell.com/.../EN

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Or.....

You can update drivers by following instructions in Dell video below to run 'Guide Me' option.

No Events found!