Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 28th, 2014 09:00

Inspiron 15 7000 touch screen

Hello all, wondered if someone could help..

I brought a new Inspiron about a month back. I first had a problem after weeks of owning it where the mouse touchpad just stopped working when I turned it on. I therefore had to re-install the Synaptics touchpad driver, which fixed the problem and my touch screen was still working throughout the whole time (Made it so much easier to fix the issue with the touchpad).

Today I turned my laptop on to find that now my touchscreen doesn't work. After reading many posts I tried to re-install the above driver. Would there be a different driver for the touchscreen and where would I re-download it to fix the issue ???

April 28th, 2014 15:00

No after the restore it just brought back the icon, the touch screen was still not working. But just got it working again. I noticed that the intel graphics driver did an update the other date and it must of stopped working then. I re-installed the driver from the install I downloaded from dells website. It did prompt me when I ran the install package that I had a newer version on my laptop and since rolling back to the old version my touch-screen works fine :)

April 28th, 2014 10:00

I have checked and both those drivers are still present. I am currently doing a system restore to see if that helps it out. I had a look on the PC setting and in the past there were settings for tablet-PC where I could calibrate the touch screen. Now none of that is there. My next thinking if the system restore doesn't work is that a service that controls the touch screen has been disabled. I also noticed the little keyboard icon in the windows task-bar at the bottom of the screen has also disappeared and there is no option to bring it back in the properties.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 28th, 2014 10:00

Chris398398

The touch screen isn’t like the touch pad and there isn’t a specific driver for the touch screen. I would check to make sure that the chipset driver and Intel video and Nvidia drivers are installed but other than that Windows controls the touch screen.  If you haven’t tried yet shut the system down and bring it back up again and see if the touch screen is now functioning.

TB

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 28th, 2014 11:00

Please let me know if the restore helps or not.  Here is a pretty basic touch troubleshooter from Microsoft; it might provide some help if you aren't familiar with it.

Check the device manager for a HID compliant device; it will likely be the touch screen.  You may want to try disabling and then re-enabling it and see if it helps.

TB

April 28th, 2014 11:00

We'll the system restore brought back the touch keyboard icon on the windows task-bar. I couldn't find anything in the device manager related to the touch screen, there is a section for HID but there is only airplane mode switch driver in there.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 28th, 2014 13:00

What devices are listed under mouse in device manager?  After running system restore is the touchscreen functional or do you only have the Icon in the task bar? 

TB

No Events found!