Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2017 11:00

Inspiron 15 7548 8 Beep

Hello

My notebook is making 8 beeps in loop, i've tried the lcd screen test with letter D and seems to work fine all colors are correctly displayed, i have changed memory, Hard Disk, disconnected battery, disconnected lcd cable, problem still remains, is it possible at this point that main board is gone? 

thanks for help

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 8th, 2017 11:00

It sounds like it's the mainboard/GPU, yes.

6 Posts

July 8th, 2017 13:00

I don't understand why it's going to make 8 Beeps that is in normal case symptom for LCD problem, i will try to unplug video cable and connect via HDMI to an external screen, i don't know really what to do next :/

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 8th, 2017 13:00

Eight beeps means the internal display isn't sensed.  If your screen passes the D key test, it's OK - that leaves the video cable or the mainboard as the faulty part.

An external screen won't stand in for the internal - the system won't continue POST without a recognized internal display panel that's properly sensed.

6 Posts

July 9th, 2017 02:00

i've just disconnected the internal video cable and connected via HDMI to my TV i see the DELL logo in the middle of the screen but still receiving the 8 beeps and nothing happens, i suppose it should be at this point the main board itself because if it would be the lcd cable i should see restarting the pc normaly, what do u think?

Thanks for your help really appreciate ;)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 9th, 2017 04:00

You cannot leave the display panel disconnected - or you will receive the 8 beep code.  Check the cable for damage (including both ends) before proceeding - next step would be to replace that cable with a new one.  If that doesn't solve it and the display panel does pass its built-in self tests, it strongly suggests a bad mainboard.

No Events found!