Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2016 21:00

Inspiron 15(7559) Completely Freezes, can't turn off

Hi,

I bought a Inspiron 15 7000 Series (7559) less than a month ago. Today, when I was playing an online game, the keyboard suddenly stopped responding while game is still otherwise running perfectly with mouse still responding. After about 30 seconds, the laptop freezes, with sound still playing and fans running at high speed.

After about 5 minutes, game music stopped and turned into a light buzzing sound, fans still running at high speed.  I tried to press the power button to force shut down but had no effect after faithfully holding it down for a good 1 minute. 

The laptop is still buzzing right now and it has been an hour. I will have to wait until the battery is dead.

My question is, what the heck is wrong with this practically brand new laptop? I don't want a buzzing heater on my desk, not at this price. :(

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 17th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would like to know if the system is heating up .In the meanwhile we would suggest you to remove the battery and put it back in and power on the system and check if the system freezes again on normal usage .

Kindly private message the service tag and email address .

Thanks

Robin

1 Message

October 18th, 2016 21:00

I have the same situation. Can you please address this with importance? I have updated drivers and BIOS updates provided by DELL  Also, kindly don't suggest to re-install OS or drivers -- if this is happening to others then, it is clearly a problem in this DELL laptop.

I took a video of this. Kindly see the Youtube link below.

https://youtu.be/3gHMsQOpRPc

7 Posts

October 20th, 2016 03:00

Same issue here. Called tech support and they want to take it in for repairs. Even though they have no clue what the issue is. They say it will take about a week. I was hoping for a replacement unit immediately but sadly my service plan does not cover that. I have to say that this laptop is nothing but trouble for me. Wifi drops, touchpad almost doesnt work anymore, freezes  and the screen is pretty ***

No Events found!