Highlighted
emmanouil_am
1 Copper

Inspiron 15(7559) Completely Freezes, cannot turn off

While I was playing an online game, the keyboard suddenly stopped responding while the  game was still otherwise running perfectly with mouse still responding. I closed the game and tried to turn  the laptop off. However, even though the screen was off, the fans still continue running at high speed.  I tried to press the power button to force shut down but had no effect. The laptop is still buzzing right now and it has been over 40 minutes. I guess I will have to wait until the battery is dead.

What is wrong with my laptop and what can I do? I need to do some important work to deal with serious deadlines. Please help me

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Inspiron 15(7559) Completely Freezes, cannot turn off

Hi emmanouil_am,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Are you able to boot into windows normally now? What is the status of the power led? Can you run the diagnostics <F12> and capture any error message or code you get.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

RE: Inspiron 15(7559) Completely Freezes, cannot turn off

I had one freeze up recently and had to hold the power button down for around 20 seconds to get any reaction.  I was surprised as to how long it took since normally it only takes a few seconds to shut one down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos