Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

December 13th, 2017 14:00

Inspiron 15 7567 Audio Distortion/Cracking

So I purchased a brand new Inspiron 15 7567 i7 128 GB SSD with the 1 TB HDD and 16 GB RAM, and have made sure all drivers and the bio are up to date. I've had the drivers analyzed from the dell support website, and have checked for updates as well through cortana as well as updated the sound drivers in device manager just to make sure it was up to date. 

My problem is that whenever I plug or unplug the charger while audio from a video, music, or game is playing, it creates a weird distortion/cracking sound that persist for half a second and freezes the screen as if it were lagging for that duration as well. I've tried uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and re installing it but it still persist. The audio is fine normally, it's just whenever the charger is removed or plugged in that this problem occurs. Is this a driver issue? or hardware?

6 Posts

December 19th, 2017 12:00

having the same issue. Its an issue with Realtek Audio drivers and not just that, If a headphone is connected to the 3.5 m jack it doesn't recognize it. If they are attached and a restart is performed, they work but the equalizer settings are not there for the specific devices. so it just plays for the equalizer setting for the speakers.

When Inspiron 7567 laptops first arrived they had the older Realtek  audio driver version which recognized devices if plugged into the 3.5 mm jack, but still had the audio distortion issue.

With the new Realtek update distortion problems still persist and there's no headphone or jack recognition.

Dell or Realtek haven't looked into the issue.  Haven't even tested the drivers properly.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 19th, 2017 13:00

When I play iTunes on my system, the Intel Audio Service uses 28% of the CPU which is running a 3.45 GHz.

If it only happens when you plug or unplug the power supply, you might check your performance settings for on and off battery, since it does switch to a different standard with the power transfer.

I am a little surprised my system is running at a high processor speed.  I don't think that should be necessary for playing music.  I have the i7 with 4K display and not streaming music.

Edit: it seems the above condition was an anomaly since restarting the music utility put the system to the expected CPU parameters and Audio output.  I will see if I can figure out why it happened.

No Events found!