Highlighted
Boothanew
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 7567 hardware is faulty Help please

Hi I am new to this forum, but really need some help on some big issues I am having.

I purchased a Dell Inspirion 15 Gaming 7567 laptop in July of 2017.

The laptop gave me issues since day one but I desperately needed it for school and tried to push through with it's problems. The first issues I noticed was that it was in a "Blue Screen" loop when I tried to set up Windows 10 for the first time. It would also not connect to wifi and I was getting a error related to the network so I figured out how to update the drivers and was able to temporarily resolve the issue.
The Wifi card was in a loop of not updating and would just constantly tell me it needed to update the driver. 
After that I started noticing issues with sound and got a horrible beeping/static noise that persisted and no updates to the BIOS or sound card have fixed that issue.I also started to notice that whenever I would put the laptop into sleep mode or close the lid of it, the screen would show a static image, almost like static on a TV but with blue and green lines instead.

I sent the laptop in for repairs in November of this year,detailing my issues and they did the repair saying they replaced the Main Logic Board. 

Now as of today, December 2017  the sound problem is worse and more frequent. And I have noticed the monitor making that weird static image of blue and green lines on Youtube videos I am watching.
And to top everything off my 1 TB D-drive is not showing up on the computer!

Everything on the laptop is up to date, I've even run diagnostics through the program Dell offers and those are all up to date showing no errors.

I have never dropped or damaged the laptop, it sits on my table at home with a laptop fan underneath.

What can I do in this situation?? I am very upset and don't want the laptop anymore.

I know I am way past the 30 day refund policy, but what policy do they have for faulty hardware?? 

At this point I don't even want a full refund because I suspect I will never get that, but can I just send the laptop back and not have to pay the remaining bill? I financed through dell and pay on time every time. I simply want a laptop that will work! I'm tired of this whole mess.

Please help if you have any info,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Inspiron 15 7567 hardware is faulty Help please

Hi Boothanew,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as you expected.

You've purchased a great computer, with a great warranty.  Fortunately your warranty covers faulty hardware.  The best thing you can do is to contact Tech Support, and troubleshoot with them so they can provide a resolution.  It's unfortunate you didn't bring the issues to our attention when they first occurred.  

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Boothanew
1 Copper

I have contacted Tech support multiple times and done multiple trouble shooting sessions since I got the computer and I brought all of these problems to their attention as soon as I noticed them!

0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

I have contacted Tech support multiple times and done multiple trouble shooting sessions since I got the computer and I brought all of these problems to their attention as soon as I noticed them!

If it was me I would have returned the laptop ages ago.

I didn't pay $$$ to be a Dell technician.