Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2017 21:00

Inspiron 15 7569 won't power on

My laptop will not power on.  The charger has a green LED lit up so I assume it's working.  I tried the steps in the troubleshooter.  I disconnected the battery and held the power button down for 20-30 seconds, reconnected the battery, plugged in the charger but it still does not power on.  If I hold the power button down, an orange light lights up for about 2 seconds and then goes away.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 26th, 2017 06:00

There isn't much more you can do - the mainboard needs to be replaced. If the system is under warranty, call Dell -- if not, you can either get a repair estimate from Dell or take the system to a local computer shop for repair.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 26th, 2017 09:00

Just for the heck of it, you might try unplugging the power supply and plug your system into an external HDMI monitor.  Mine booted back and both the Monitor and Laptop screen were active.

My Inspiron had a total black screen, I held the power button down which did not help but I never got an orange light.

August 26th, 2017 14:00

@Saltgrass I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not power on.  Thanks for the advice regardless.

No Events found!