xyzmarlon
2 Bronze

Inspiron 15 7579 Sound Cracking/Gliching/Buzzing

Hello, I have noticed my sound begin to crack and glitch whenever I plug in and out the charger into the laptop. I have updated by Intel RST and the issue persists. The sound also occasionally glitches out and buzzes randomly. The most common issue for me is the sound cracking (staticy). I've noticed this issue since I first bought the laptop but assumed that a update would fix it. Anyone have a solution to this? I am running Win10 Home. If anyone more system information is required please tell me.

18 Replies
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

RE: Inspiron 15 7579 Sound Cracking/Gliching/Buzzing

It seems to me to be a charger issue. You could contact tech support and see what they have to say about it.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos

* Turn the Inspiron 15-7579 off
* Change the physical mode to Laptop. Not Tablet or Tent
* Disconnect, then reconnect the AC adapter to the 7579
* Turn the 7579 on
* Once on the Windows desktop, download and reinstall our Realtek ALC3253 driver When done, restart the 7579

* Once on the Windows desktop, plug headphones into the leftside headphone port
* Play music. How does it sound?
* While the music is playing, disconnect the headphones. The music should switch to the internal speakers. How does it sound

* Turn the Inspiron 15-7579 off
* Disconnect the AC adapter from the 7579
* Turn the 7579 on using battery only

* Once on the Windows desktop, plug headphones into the leftside headphone port
* Play music. How does it sound?
* While the music is playing, disconnect the headphones. The music should switch to the internal speakers. How does it sound

0 Kudos
xyzmarlon
2 Bronze

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I will try them and report back asap. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

I bumped into a situation yesterday with my Inspiron 17 7779  I noticed the sound was bad and sounded like the speakers were broken and badly distorting the sound.  Open a window made it worse.

I checked the Processor and it was running at .41 GHz on the 2.7 GHz system and I had never seen it that slow.

I saw a message in the Event Viewer about a processor being restricted due to firmware.

I rebooted to reset and got the message about the power supply not being verified and the system was restricted until the power was verified.

I noticed my power plug was out about 1/16th of an inch so I could see part of the barrel.  I pushed the plug in and the problem corrected itself with the processor speed returning to normal and the music no longer distorted.

So it was tied to the power supply, as suggested.  I would have thought the plug would have needed to be out much more than it was to cause a problem.  Perhaps there is some type of dead spot which confuses the system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

xyzmarlon
2 Bronze

The audio driver solution seems to have cleared things up a bit as of right now. Now when i plug in my charger I get a minimal  noticeable static for a second. But then, while the charger was plugged in my music started to go in slow mode and buzz for 2 seconds after a while, not instantly when the charger gets plugged in. At this point I'm not sure if the second issue is related with the charger at all.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

At this point I'm not sure if the second issue is related with the charger at all.

The usual test is to see if the problem goes away when you unplug the charger. If so, then it is related to the charger. If the problem exists when not connected to charger, then most likely unrelated.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
xyzmarlon
2 Bronze

I can confirm that the slow mode music buzzing is not related to the charger as it has happened randomly without the charger plugged in. I also noticed a mild computer lag when this occurs.it usually lasts about 2 seconds. Now this seems to randomly occur, I haven't been able to replicate this by plugging in the charger. The only problem when plugging in the charger is a very minor brief static that is barely noticeable.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

You have confirmed the processor is running at normal speeds?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
xyzmarlon
2 Bronze

1. What would the normal processor speeds be?

2. Is there any way of monitoring the processor speeds to see any correlation with the issue.

3. I can now confirm that the buzzing/static/sound glitching/distortion seems to not be directly related to the charger as it happens randomly with and without the charger on. Plugging in the charger does seem to induce the issue to happen but not always.

4. When the music starts to get distorted/buzzes/slows down I also notice sometimes a lag throughout the computer. Like I have said, this only lasts around 2 seconds.

5. Is there any logs I could provide to here that could show the issue?

0 Kudos