Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2012 16:00

Inspiron 15 - N5050 no pause/break key

Just received my new Inspiron and much to my surprise there is no pause/break key.  Is there a solution / fn key combo that will work?

1.3K Posts

December 16th, 2012 14:00

Hi jas0707 ,

Welcome to the Community.

This model and some keyboards have fewer keys because of their size and layout.

You may try Ctrl+FN+F11 however if it doesn’t work you may have to use an external USB keyboard for Pause/Break Function.
You may also use the Onscreen Keyboard.

Start - search, Type OSK - Hit Enter. The On Screen keyboard will display and you can use the pause/break key from there.

934 Posts

December 16th, 2012 16:00

Read Dell user "gorchard's" post

en.community.dell.com/.../20155393.aspx

>Create a system restore point before you make any changes to the registry if you want to try "gorchard's" suggestion

September 1st, 2017 08:00

I tried both suggestions. Neither worked. I am working in Progress. When I run my program that displays a lot of data (like thousands or millions of entries), the only way to stop the display is to do Ctrl-Break. I cannot do that on the Dell Inspiron 15 7000. The only solution is to press the space bar a million times or kill my session. I bought this laptop for the high resolution screen but will have to return it if there's no solution for the Break key.

September 1st, 2017 08:00

BTW there is LOTS of space on my key board for a Break key so I don't understand why there isn't one.

No Events found!