Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2016 21:00

Inspiron 15 - No WiFi

In a moment of weakness, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Shortly afterwards my WiFi stopped working. Fresh install of Windows 7, still no WiFi and now I no longer have network adapters showing up in device manager or network connections. When I try installing new drivers I get a message saying "Activate Bluetooth using Wireless Switch." I have no external switch and I still get the error message after installing quick-set and turning bluetooth on using Fn|F2. I have tried at least 20 different adapters, done fresh installs with 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, and changed power settings to high performance. Nothing has worked so far, and sadly every post I have read has been left unanswered or resolved by purchasing a new network adapter (which is not the answer I'm looking for). Anybody come across a fix that works?

10 Posts

June 12th, 2016 11:00

Have you tried going to dell.com/support.

Then

Product Support

Diagnose

(Run the Full Test)

This should detect the issue and give you options on how to resolve.

3 Posts

June 12th, 2016 19:00

Tried that. All it says is the ethernet cable is not attached.

3 Posts

July 30th, 2016 21:00

Is it possible my computer thinks I have a different network adapter than the one that is installed? When I put my service tag in on the support page, the components listing says I have the Dell Wireless 1705. However, my actual network adapter says it's a 1704. I'm wondering if that is why I'm having problems installing this driver.

No Events found!