Highlighted
Not applicable

Inspiron 15 beeps and cannot get support because service tag number and express service code not recognized

I have had my Inspiron 15 3000 series since the end of August and was liking it until is started beeping a few weeks ago - sounds like a truck backing up.  It does it 5 times and repeats 3 times when starting up.    I tried online support but you cannot get anywhere until you enter your service tag number or express service code neither are recognized.  I tried calling support but they could not identify my computer with the numbers either (I took pictures of them on my tablet and made them larger so I know they are right).   I purchased my laptop on line. Initially there was a message about the power source, but I have popped my battery out and  back in and the error message no longer pops up but is still beeps.   I am at a complete loss as to what to do at this point and am incredibly frustrated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Inspiron 15 beeps and cannot get support because service tag number and express service code not recognized

Where was the system purchased?  Dell, or a third party?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Inspiron 15 beeps and cannot get support because service tag number and express service code not recognized

Ran into the same brick wall you did on the codes issue.  Sorry you are experiencing that, but glas I am not alone in frustration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I purchased it online from Dell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

BradyMommy wrote; "It does it 5 times and repeats 3 times when starting up."

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Five beeps usually mean Real Time Clock (RTC) power fail. I'd suggest you replace the CMOS battery in the system. You can purchase a brand new battery at your local Walmart for about $3.00 -$5.00.

To get a better understanding of Dell beep codes, please click on link below. The Dell article also apply the same as to most Dell laptops.

www.dell.com/.../en

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

If you have warranty then I suggest you contact Technical Support in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information