Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2016 09:00

Inspiron 15 will not turn on.

I used laptop in the morning, when I went to use it again in the afternoon nothing.  Power light comes on for a second and fan kicks in then nothing.  Battery light shows while charging.  I've taken battery out and held down power switch for 30 sec. nothing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 12th, 2016 09:00

Unplug and remove the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules and the hard drive if it's accessible.

Verify that the LED on the AC adapter is ON before you plug in the notebook end.

Plug in the adapter only (no battery) and try powering up.  If it will, but won't with the battery installed, the battery is bad - replace it.

If it still won't power up, remove both memory modules and try again. You should get a two beep sequence.  If you don't, the mainboard is toast.  If you do, try the memory modules one at a time in each socket until you isolate the bad module (replace) or the bad socket (replace the mainboard).

If you require further assistance, we'll need to know the system model - i.e., Inspiron 5521, 5535, etc. -- not just Inspiron 15,etc.

No Events found!