Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2009 12:00

Inspiron 1501 and Inspiron 1721 power supply questions

I need to buy an adapter for my Inspiron 1721 for the car.  I am having horrible navigation problems attempting to search on the store.  Does anyone know the item number I need offhand?

Second question: 

Re: Inspiron 1501 Battery

Scenario same as above with navigation.  I suffered a house fire and when I got the living souls out of the house (a feat as I am bedridden and was home alone with only my kitten) fortunately we only lost 1 room of the house!!! However, I didn't bother to shut down or grab my laptop on the way out so the battery suffered a severe shock and holds a charge for less than 5 minutes.  I need to replace this battery as my insurance company said they wouldn't cover anything that we bought because it depreciated to less than zero.  (Glad they didn't bill me for it's negative worth status!)   Does anyone know the item number for the replacement battery for the Inspiron 1501?

I have no clue why I cannot navigate the site but it keeps locking up on all my browsers and I tried all three!  It gets frustrating to attempt doing anything even though I have reported the issues many times over the past year and nothing.....

I would really appreciate any assistance anyone can give me regarding the item numbers.

Thank you,

Summer

950 Posts

May 5th, 2009 20:00

Sorry to hear about your terrifying experience. I would first check your insurance policy as most...but not all....have full replacement value coverage.

Here is a link to batteries for the 1501

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/For-Dell__inspiron-1501_W0QQLHQ5fSiteWideConditionZNew13180QQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ14297QQ_ssovZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282

I too could not find auto adapter for the 1701. Here is a link to universal ones on ebay too.

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/For-Dell__inspiron-1501_W0QQLHQ5fSiteWideConditionZNew13180QQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ14297QQ_ssovZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282

No Events found!