Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

March 22nd, 2008 22:00

Inspiron 1521

I purchased an Inspiron 1521 back in August of 07 but did not receive it until September.  The very first day I had to call for service on my new laptop.  To make a very long story short it is now 6 1/2 months later and I am still having major problems with the lap top.  Dell has replaced the web cam, the motherboard, the internal memory, and the internal fan assembly.  I have spent many, many hours on the phone with technicians from India (of all places) and up until yesterday was unable to get my issues resolved.  I finally received authorization to return this lap top and then was informed that I would be reimbursed my purchase price less 20%!!!!  Personally I feel like I have been thoroughly ripped off!!!!  I have had so many technical problems and all I ever get told is that  it is a software issue.  If that were true why then did they have to replace so much of the hardware???  Why within just 3 - 4 hours of replacing the hard drive did the computer freeze up and refuse to shut down?  Why was I locked out of the computer?  I am unable to get satisfactory answers to my questions.  I feel I have been more than patient with Dell and Now to add insult to injury after six plus months of the run around I am told that they cannot refund me my full purchase price because my system is old!!!!  That is a crock of baloney, I told the Dell technician that I would warn all my friends and family to steer clear of Dell.  This is not my first purchase of a Dell computer but I can honestly say it will be my last!!!  I have also been told that Dell will not send me a refund check until after they have checked the system thoroughly and then will decide if they want to make any further deductions.  It could be another 30 - 60 days before I see my money. 

I am very upset and feel that Dell has treated me like a second class citizen.  Obviously my business is not important to them.  I feel that I should not have been treated this way and I should not have had to threaten to take them to court before they finally agreed to refund my money.  Someone at Dell must have the authority to see that this issue is taken care of.  I am anxiously awaiting some sort of reply.

No Responses!
No Events found!