Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2009 18:00

Inspiron 1525- 1526, Touchpad, Mouse or Keyboard Issues Fixed

hi all. i'm new to dell forum. i'm here to show you how to fix inspiron 1525 -1526 touchpad and keyboard issues. some of you experience the touchpad acting up crazy, cursor jumping from one side of screen to the other, etc. some of you experience  the keyboard working sometimes, and others  experience that keyboard types by it self, etc. now put everything back together. or test your touchpad before you put everything back. if you need to apply more tape  behind the touchpad cable. please do! you should now enjoy using your laptop with no problems. note: your keyboard should now work fine. touchpad problem made the keyboard  useless. since now touchpad is fixed, your keyboard should work fine. if it doesn't, please apply the same technique attaching tape to the end of the keyboard cable.

9 Posts

August 10th, 2011 07:00

I also tried the fix without success...I finally gave up and bought an external mouse and with that I have no problems ! It was not what I wished but after spending that much money it was the only solution I could find. Saying that...my laptop is over 2 years old now and I am thinking of purchasing a new one and I can tell you it probably will definitely NOT be a Dell !!!

3 Posts

August 10th, 2011 13:00

My touch pad gets squirelly after about 1/2 hour of usage. Then I switch to my external mouse. What amazes me is that, apparently, no one from Dell bothers to read or respond to these forums. It's bad for their business. My school district is looking at reliable laptops to replace their aging Howard laptops and I am not inclined to recommend Dell anymore as their support stinks.

3 Posts

August 10th, 2011 13:00

I also use an external mouse but still have the problem. Is there a way to shut off the mouse pad or is it automatically shut off when using an external mouse. Because many people told me to shut off the mouse pad but I cant seem to do that. ??

9 Posts

August 10th, 2011 15:00

I couldn't remember so I went and looked and I do not see a way to cut it off either.  I did read somewhere else in all these entries that you could try covering your built in mouse with a piece of cardborrd or something . I notice if I get my hands too close to the built i mouse it becomes less stable. I'm  wondering if it is some sort of static electricity problem or something,

9 Posts

August 10th, 2011 15:00

I am thinking of getting an HP on my next purchase. I know a lot of schools and some of my friends have them and are pleased.

3 Posts

August 10th, 2011 16:00

One of my students had an HP that had a touch pad that looked like a mirror. I tried it and it worked great. That was over a year ago though. I will suggest HP and probably buy one for myself since I also own a 21" HP Touchsmart and besides it being loaded with the Vista 64 bit OS, it works well.

1 Message

August 11th, 2011 03:00

what direction does the sticky side go?  do you stick it to the ribbon?  awesome help, thank you!

1 Message

December 24th, 2011 15:00

Just so you folks have another data point.  I accomplished this same procedure with excellent results.  Easy to do and now the touch pad works great.  Thanks for saving me a lot of time and aggrevation.  My daugher spent two hours on the phone with customer service who tried to tell her it was a virus and sold her a two-year software support plan to cover the problem.  Not happy about Dell selling software coverage for a plainly mechanical problem. 

1 Message

January 18th, 2012 03:00

Dear ,

I have the problem of touch pad not working with my lappy (Insperion 1525) too, but it is not working well when i connected with broadband connection however when i removes the broadband cable it works fine,

why so , pl suggest solution.

DO need to reinstall drive..

:emotion-9:

September 16th, 2012 19:00

THIS TOTALLY WORKED! 

I just completed this step by step, and I am not a "techy" so it's truly something anyone who can read and use a screw driver, can do.  In fact, the photos are so accurate and helpful, even a person who can't read could likely do it. 

I was researching and researching, because my jumping cursor issue was so bad over time, that it would literally jump even few words; rendering my laptop useless for writing anything!  There are many other proposed solutions such as "touchpad settings" in the control panel, and so on.  I tried some of these and they weren't successful or helpful.

The man who posted these did a fabulous job and was so very gracious and kind to do so.  Thank you so much!  You've helped immensely.  No more jumping cursor frustration.

I followed the simple steps.  I didn't get hung up or confused at any spot because the directions are so thorough with the photos and text.  I tested the solution and before my cursor would jump on about word two or three, this time it didn't jump after writing a "test" paragraph full of praise!  I am happy to update my post later on the longevity of the solution. 

My husband's nickname for me is "RQ" for Research Queen, so you can trust me that after encountering such a frustrating problem and having my laptop "in the shop" for days twice, and researching and reading reviews for hours - for me to trust this post and give it a try, it was because of the successful reviews and very accurate and helpful photos and text.

Thanks so much PeruRican and God Bless you!  (Those Peruvian's sure know their stuff - my brother in law is Peruvian and was so smart he married my sister :)

October 1st, 2012 09:00

UPDATE - CURSOR BACK TO JUMPING ALL OVER:  The next day after I posted this, the cursor was back to jumping all over the place, just as bad as ever.  I tried re-doing the process, adding more tape as perhaps the tape was too thin?  It didn't work or help.  I am willing to try again adding more tape, but so far this jumping cursor issue renders my laptop useless!  So frustrating!  Thanks anyways for the tips and it was worth a try.

1 Message

January 29th, 2013 07:00

I have attempted this fix and have encountered a problem after the fix. The keyboard does not work properly after re assembly. I have checked and adjusted the connection 15 times now. The majority of the keyboard works correctly only the (y,u,gh,j,n,m) buttons will not type once stroked. What does this sound like to everyone, a bad keyboard or something worse? Thanks for any insight into this. BTW it is a Dell Inspiron 1525. 

Best,

J

10 Posts

May 13th, 2013 14:00

your kidding right? Did you see I know nothing about repairs, and if I take this apart and still need assistance from Dell they will say all is voided

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 28th, 2013 23:00

thankssssssssssssssssssssss

1 Message

June 21st, 2013 06:00

I have completely lost all respect for Dell. I've had other issues with them as well and their customer service is great if it is convenient. This is a prime example. It is now 2013 and they haven't fixed this issue yet.

and I cannot believe they told you to tape your computer together!

Thanks for the info.

No Events found!