Highlighted
darkhart
1 Copper

Inspiron 1525 BIOS

Okay, I've been trying to download a BIOS update for my Inspiron 1525, but for some reason, all the Drivers & Downloads website will do is to download the Dell Download Manager, and not the actual BIOS update. (at least, I'm pretty sure that's what's happening)

I'm trying to update the BIOS because I keep getting an error message that the battery isn't charging because of the AC adapter or something similar, and the Dell self-help page directed me to the BIOS update...

Can someone explain this or tell me what to do to get the update? It's very frustrating.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Inspiron 1525 BIOS

First, the BIOS update will not fix this problem - the problem is either with the adapter or an internal component (DC power board or mainboard).  It is hardware, not firmware in origin.

To bypass the Dell download manager, use something other than Internet Explorer (Firefox, etc.) If you've already visited the Dell site with that alternate browser, CLEAR YOUR COOKIES from the browser and go back in.  Choose the "Download Using my Browser" option -- NOT the Dell download manager.

0 Kudos
darkhart
1 Copper

Well, I got the BIOS to download, thanks for that at least. 🙂 I can't believe I didn't think of clearing my cookies/cache

About the battery problem, AC adapter will still provide power to my laptop, but isn't charging the battery.... should I try a new AC adapter, or should I have my computer looked at?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

See if another Dell adapter will work.  If that doesn't solve the problem, you have a power jack or mainboard problem.

0 Kudos
darkhart
1 Copper

Okay, I'll try that, thanks for all your help 🙂

0 Kudos