Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

October 18th, 2008 02:00

Inspiron 1525 - How to Disable Touchpad

I use a wireless mouse with my laptop at all times, so I want to disable the touchpad. There's a second reason: I'm a gamer and am left-handed. There are many games I play that require me to use my right hand on the hot keys, as I use my mouse with my left hand.  The heel of my right hand keeps touching the darn touchpad as I'm using the F1, F2, etc., keys, thereby messing up my gameplay. So this touchpad definitely needs to be disabled!

Thanks for your help!

SpeedyKar, Colorado

934 Posts

June 4th, 2012 15:00

elizgarza7

the link included in the description of the video is for an inspiron 1545

Make sure that you download the appropriate driver for your model

If the right driver is installed you should have a Dell Touchpad entry in the Device Manager:

5 Posts

June 4th, 2012 15:00

Thats it!!

1 Message

June 10th, 2012 09:00

I am having the same problem, but, i have some speed bumps in my way.  No icon in the system tray, no tab in mouse settings(controll panel), that says touchpad,  It is listed under device manager.  Tried downloading the driver again, it says my driver is working properly.  Touch pad, messes my typing up bad, i want to diable the tap feature.  Dell inpirion 1525, windows vista.  Please help!  

1 Message

February 7th, 2013 07:00

To disable or enable touchpad there are different shortcut for each laptop. For example for Samsung mini you have to use “Fn+F5”.

Not all the models have the same shortcut key. But you can check them randomly (Ex: ‘Fn+F1’, Fn+F2…Fn+F12). One of them must disable your touchpad.

This option will Disable your Touchpad temporarily. To enable it do the same..

1 Message

February 10th, 2013 10:00

I use a wireless mouse with my laptop at all times, so I want to disable the touchpad. There's a second reason: I'm a gamer and am left-handed. There are many games I play that require me to use my right hand on the hot keys, as I use my mouse with my left hand.  The heel of my right hand keeps touching the darn touchpad as I'm using the F1, F2, etc., keys, thereby messing up my gameplay. So this touchpad definitely needs to be disabled!

Thanks for your help!

SpeedyKar, Colorado

1 Message

March 14th, 2013 21:00

I was having the same problem, too big of hands I guess.  I am not using a separate mouse so I came up with another solution.  Place a mouse pad over it while you type and fold it back when you need the mouse.  My thumbs are no longer in the way.  :)  

May 28th, 2013 21:00

Thanks for your help!

SpeedyKar, Colorado

May 28th, 2013 21:00

Thanks for your help!

SpeedyKar, Colorado

1 Message

October 28th, 2015 16:00

JUst know you are far from alone in needing to disable the touchpad. it should be so simple. I'll be on the look-put.

No Events found!