luvncstate
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 1525 Network Controller driver

Jump to solution

This IS the answer!       R174292.exe         After two straight days of doing all of the above, too many times over, you had the solution.  All I did was click on the driver you suggested even though Dell doesn't have it as a suggestion and lo and behold it worked JUST LIKE THAT!  I mean it is so simple.  I don't know how to put anything in as a headline on the internet searches but with all the problems everyone has like mine with this simple WIFI thing on their Inspiron 1525 - No Network Controller problem - you really need to do something like make a major 24 point headline as the easy fix - I mean, good grief, you deserve some kind of reward for this.  This is major and Dell should pay you for this help you have given me and many others.  All I can say is that I've been trying to get this answer and there you were. Thank you, Thank you Thank you!!!

Highlighted
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Jump to solution

This IS the answer!       R174292.exe         After two straight days of doing all of the above, too many times over, you had the solution.  All I did was click on the driver you suggested even though Dell doesn't have it as a suggestion and lo and behold it worked JUST LIKE THAT!  I mean it is so simple.  I don't know how to put anything in as a headline on the internet searches but with all the problems everyone has like mine with this simple WIFI thing on their Inspiron 1525 - No Network Controller problem - you really need to do something like make a major 24 point headline as the easy fix - I mean, good grief, you deserve some kind of reward for this.  This is major and Dell should pay you for this help you have given me and many others.  All I can say is that I've been trying to get this answer and there you were. Thank you, Thank you Thank you!!!

Glad to help. For some reason the Dell Drivers and Downloads Page doesn't list the correct set of drivers when a Service Tag is input (which is why I listed the three variants) directly. The service tags used to be great for bringing up the correct list of drivers but this feature has been dodgy for about a year now which is why my guides don't recommend input of service tag in the Dell Drivers and Downloads Page.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
timw49424
1 Copper

Jump to solution
After literally spending hours, I found this blog and it saved me. I wanna thank you guys so much!
0 Kudos
austinbutcher
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the same problem I used the below drivers and it worked.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/driverdetails?driverid=R251496

0 Kudos
ShaneDellHelp
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I have the exact same problem. I have been working on this for two full days ... still no success. I was so hopeful that this would be the solution when I read through this post as there's a lot of great info here.

I also have a Dell Inspiron 1525, and have reinstalled Windows Vista OS from the Factory CD.

I then downloaded all the drivers as you suggested and have done the following:

Utility

R259999 Dell Notebook Software - Downloaded and installed

Chipset

R166187 Intel Chipset - Downloaded and installed

R166188 Ricoh Card Reader - Downloaded and installed

SATA

R166200 Intel Matrix Storage Manager - Downloaded and installed

R166201 Intel Turbo memory - Downloaded and installed

Video

R180254 Intel GM 965 Video - Downloaded and installed

Communications

R150152 Conexant Modem D330 Driver - Downloaded and installed

R147130 Diagnostics - Downloaded and installed

Audio

R218148 Audio - Downloaded and installed

R180762 Dell Quickset - Downloaded and installed

Network

R167854 Marvel 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet - Downloaded and installed

R174392 Dell Wireless 1390

- variant A - Downloaded but NOT INSTALLED
R164259 Intel 4965AGN - variant B
R167729 Wireless 400 - variant C

Bluetooth

R140135 Dell Wireless 355

Input

R286709 Touchpad 

R165116 Webcam

Applications

R230103 Dell Webcam Central

Dell Support Centre

When I run the R174292.exe file, it downloads, unzips the file and starts to run the Install Manager.

However, the Install Manager seems to freeze. A green progress line starts along the bottom of the install manager, but then just freezes.

Any ideas??!

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

You need the Dell System software

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-1525

Also verify that this is the card you have - there are multiple possible wireless cards for this system.

0 Kudos
ShaneDellHelp
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi ejn63,

Sorry, I'm  a bit of a novice to this stuff.

Are you suggesting that I replace the R259999 Dell Notebook Software with the R214472 Dell System Software, v.6.3.2, A03?

Does that mean I should start from scratch, and reinstall the Vista OS and then conitune downloading all the drivers as above?

Also, it is a Dell Wirelsess 1395 WLAN Minicard.

0 Kudos
Vejay_Sarathy
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Double click on the Network Controller with ? or !  (Assume it shows under Other devices?) go to details tab -> Change the drop down to Hardware ID - Post the info given below in the box. We can find the driver based on the info.

Mark my answer as resolved if your issue is resolved

Best Regards,

VeejDeej

Endorse me: http://goo.gl/C3567
Dell user
0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Don't clean install again.

Give R205185 a try it should be more up to date. It is listed under historical drivers for the Inspiron 1525 but is more up to date.

If that doesn't install, then install it via the Device Manager. Press [Windows] and [Pause|Break] select Device Manager to the left, right click the Network Controller and select Update Driver. Select a specified location as C:\Dell\Drivers and press next, Windows should find the driver from the folder and the card should work fine.

For some illustrations see page 417 of my Windows Reinstallation Guide:  http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
CLIVE lombari
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i have this problem as well.  After getting a really bad Trojan it deleted all my restore points.Rebuilt it using dell recommended drivers.! mark on network controller.inspiron 1225.downloaded the correct driver u gave thanks 292.but still no joy.there is nothing in network controllers ON DEVICE MANAGE.And it says all the devices are ok..Been on this for 20 hrs or so.SO MUCH FOR DELL SUPPORT THEY ARE THE ONES WHO CAUSED THIS TERRIBLE PROBLEM. mAYBE i WILL HAVE TO WIPE AND START AGAIN TOMORROW DOWNLOADING YOUR DRIVER LIST IN YOUR ORDER.CAN YOU DOWN LOAD THE SERVICE PACKS FROM DELL?thanks guys for sorting out one hell of a DELL F UP

0 Kudos