Highlighted
cinbot
1 Nickel

Inspiron 1525 - main boards screws insulation

HI,

I recently took my Inspiron 1525 apart to correct a noisy fan and now when putting it back together it wont power up?!?!?

My question is should any of the screws that come into contact with the mother board be insulated? thinking maybe its shorting there and not allowing it to start up....

otherwise any other idea's as to what my problem could be?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Inspiron 1525 - main boards screws insulation

Cinbot

I don't believe that any of the screws are insulated.   My suggestion will be to go back and doublecheck  that all the wiring and components are connected correctly.

Here is the link from the service manual on replacing the cooling assembly.

support.dell.com/.../cpucool.htm

Please let me know if you continue to have problems with the notebook.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
cinbot
1 Nickel

Ok thank you Terry, already have the full service guide and was working according to that will double check connections etc but fairly sure they were all fine.....will let you know

0 Kudos

If you haven't already tested. Before opening the chassis you may wish to test the easily accessed devices may be causing the problem.  Remove the memory, hard drive, optical drive, battery, all cards, modem and wireless card, just the components that are fairly easy to remove.  Return one memory stick and make sure that it is seated correctly, if the system all of a sudden starts then you know you wont have to open the chassis any further.  It might save you some time.

Please do let me know how it turns out.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos