Highlighted
cinbot
1 Nickel

Inspiron 1525 - not booting after damage

HI, desperately need some advice on my Inspiron 1525 laptop....

Basically a couple of weeks back a rather heavy object fell of a shelf above my machine and landed dead centre on the keyboard, the machine stayed on but froze and after switching it off it would not boot up again.  Took the machine apart to check for any loose parts and to attempt to bend my keyboard straight again (rather large dent in the middle) and cannot get the machine to boot at all.  When i push the power switch you hear the fan come on for a few seconds and then go off again, it then comes on again for a few seconds before once again going off, nothing comes up on screen and power led flashes until you hold the power switch down for a while for it to go off again.  Tried removing all of the other hardware like the cd rom, wireless card etc  to see if it was maybe one of those causing the problem but still nothing.  Just the fan comes on and sounds like it is trying to read hard drive but does nothing after that.

Any advice on what else i can try or what could be causing this?  

Or can anyone tell me how to go about testing my mother board to see if the board is functioning correctly? Once i know the mother board is fine can try work through everything else from there just have no idea how to test it....

Any help would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Inspiron 1525 - not booting after damage

Unplug the system, remove the battery, and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules.  Try powering up - if you still get nothing, remove the hard drive and try again -- if it'll power up without the HDD, that's toast and will need to be replaced.  If it still won't power up, you'll need to replace the mainboard first - and you may well then have to replace the hard drive anyway.  On a low-end system that's as old as this one, that may not make much sense -- you may be better off replacing the system.

0 Kudos
cinbot
1 Nickel

RE: Inspiron 1525 - not booting after damage

Thanks will give that a try

0 Kudos