Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2013 19:00

Inspiron 1525 not starting up :/

This morning when I started my computer, I got a Windows error message giving me two options: to launch Startup Repair to try to repair any errors or to start up normally. I chose error repair and it says it is repairing disk errors and might take an hour to complete.  The first time, it said it had fixed errors and I needed to hit "Finish" to restart, which I did, but I ended up with a black screen.

The next time, I chose to start normally, and ended up with a black screen again.

The third time, I did the disk repair again, and go the message that Windows cannot repair my computer automatically, and to hit "finish" to exit and shut down. 

I''m still ending up with the black screen. I tried some trouble shooting tips posted in others' forums, but none of the following have worked:

-Draining residual battery power

-Running on-board diagnostics (all areas Passed)

-Rebooting in Safe Mode (I ended up with the black screen again)

Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help as my laptop is of course out of warranty. Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

March 15th, 2013 01:00

Hi austinfroggy,

This may be an issue with the operating system, hence try doing a factory reset. this process will cause you to lose all the data on the system.

http://dell.to/13WAG1o

Let us know about the progress.

No Events found!