Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2010 16:00

Inspiron 1525 won't boot up past the dell logo screen

I tried to restart my laptop and it stuck on the Dell logo screen.  The progress bar stops about 1/4 of the way up.  The power button has no color but the power indicator light on the front is on.   I've turned it off by holding the power button for a few seconds and tried turning it on again with all the same results.

I've tried all the troubleshooting recommendations of removing and reseating the AC power adapter, the hard drive, the memory, and the battery.  I've tried the forum recommendations of trying to start the comp with the disc drive removed and with the hard drive removed.

I'm running Vista basic.  ALL my stuff is on this comp and I need help to figure this out.  I'd rather just fix this comp than have to replace the motherboard but I will if needed. 

I found a refurbished motherboard (with a warranty) for my comp.  Will that help address this problem?

October 17th, 2010 17:00

I'm still waiting for the answer, Thank you! Could you give more details? It's long, Anybody can  answer it?

2 Posts

October 20th, 2010 00:00

Well I put in the new system board and that seemed to take care of the problem.  Of course I got a whole slew of other problems afterwards, but I had time to take off everything I needed and put it on a new comp.  I've gotta say...I'm not really impressed with this support forum.  No help at all.

No Events found!