Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2009 00:00

Inspiron 1545: Hibernation error

hey...I just bought dell inspiron 1545 and when i put my laptop into hibernation and turn back on..i get this message saying:

WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER

YOUR COMPUTER CAN'T COME OUT OF HIBERNATION

INFO: A FATAL ERROR OCCURRED PROCESSING THE RESTORATION DATA.

FILE:\hiberfil.sys

Can anyone help me with this situation and how i can fix it. Help greatly appreciated...

THANK YOU.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2009 09:00

once and a while i get the same thing. after it says the error it just reboots vista. i got sick of the messege coming up so i just disabled hibernation. i dont have hibernation mode anymore but hey i dont get that messege anymore. how i see it you put ur computer in hibernation mode to save data on your screen (RAM) to resume it later. if it fails to do that then whats the point it keeping hibernation on. so i disabled it, in xp you can disable it through the GUI in vista you cant. however through the CMD you can.

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
  2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt or Cmd, and then click Run as Administrator on the pop up contextual menu.
  3. If you are prompted by User Account Control for permission, click Continue.
  4. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

powercfg.exe -h off

5. Type exit, and then press ENTER.

(courtesy of http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/10/25/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-hibernation-in-windows-vista/)

that doesnt disable it then click the link i posted above you can delete hibernation though disk cleanup too. strange i know. hope this can help you. i couldnt find a way to repair that other then reinstalling your OS even when i did that it still does it occasionally. maybe a dell tech could shed some light on this issue. that would be nice =)

1 Message

March 23rd, 2010 17:00

Hi bhavin87,

What Graphics Card are you using?

I see this problem once in a while too, but it is very sporadic; Usually about 1 out of every 20 tries or so.

Thanks. 

No Events found!