GMan_CRX
1 Copper

Inspiron 1545 LCD - BLACK SCREEN

Jump to solution

Inspiron 1545 - The screen is BLACK ... I can't even see the image with a strong flashlight.

However, the laptop can display perfectly on EXTERNAL LCD screen via the VGA connection.

The part number of the original LCD is: LP156WH1 TL A3.

I already bought a new INVERTER and that didn't fix it. Bought a new LCD, no love.

Then I took a KNOWN WORKING LCD (With complete housing with the hinges and everything) from another Inspiron 1545. That plugged in perfectly. And even THAT display is BLACK. Because this was a KNOW WORKING LCD, the video cable is not an issue. After returning that LCD to the original laptop, it worked perfectly.

HOW can the external display work, and not the laptop's LCD (or ANY LCD for that matter)??

I've thrown over $100 at this laptop, and now It's got me beat. ANY suggestions??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Xenon

Re: Inspiron 1545 LCD - BLACK SCREEN

Jump to solution

Sounds like the circuit that powers the inverter is faulty - meaning you'll need to replace the system board.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

Sounds like the circuit that powers the inverter is faulty - meaning you'll need to replace the system board.

View solution in original post

GMan_CRX
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I jumped the F1 fuse, and no love there either.

0 Kudos
GMan_CRX
1 Copper

Jump to solution

There is no other explanation - Motherboard needs replaced.

I just needed another professional confirmation to my conclusion.

0 Kudos
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

Hi GMan_CRX,

We connect external monitor to the computer to isolate between the motherboard and LCD.But the display works on external monitor.

You also connected a known good LCD to the computer which did not work.

As ejn63 correctly said, this can be an issue with the port on the motherboard where the LCD connects. We need to replace the motherboard in order to fix the issue.

Please reply for further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

0 Kudos
garbichpeces
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 1545 LCD - BLACK SCREEN

Jump to solution
I have the same issue, after mother board, hard drive, lcd replaced, even the keyboard has been replaced still need an external monitor to use this thing that dell call laptop any suggestions?
0 Kudos