Highlighted
willshafer2011
1 Copper

Inspiron 1545 LCD upgrade?

My screen has some dead pixels, and I'm looking to replace it. Is there a higher resolution screen available, or would I be stuck with the 1366x768 model? Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Inspiron 1545 LCD upgrade?

If a higher resolution panel was offered, you can  upgrade -- but will also need to change the wiring harness that attaches the display to the mainboard.

Be sure you locate a screen that's compatible with your model - you can't simply buy on specifications.  Try parts-people.com -- they should be able to supply both a screen and the wiring harness you need.

0 Kudos
COJeff
1 Nickel

I just tried to do one as well to 1920x1080. The cable states it's LVDS 40 pin. The new display is as well from everything I found. I can see it light up but nothing on the screen. Looking at the parts place above, I only see one cable for LED backlit screens.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

For CCFL backlit screen

www.parts-people.com/index.php

For LED backlit screen

www.parts-people.com/index.php

It looks like all the high resolution screens are LED backlit -- though parts-people specifically mentions not being able to switch from CCFL to LED.  Given the low cost of complete used systems, if you want the upgrade, it's probably simpler and cheaper to buy a new used system.

0 Kudos