Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 18th, 2009 23:00

Inspiron 1545 -- touchpad problems

I just recently purchased the inspiron 1545 it's difficult to move the cursor smoothly-- sometimes it wont recognize my movements, sometimes it  just stuttersget stuck. Ive tried to reinstall drivers for the touchpad but none of my other laptops have this problem.

any help is appreciated.

2 Posts

March 26th, 2009 07:00

Hi.. after digging through numerous postings on this issue (same problems..I was about to throw my 1545 out the window) I think I found the solution.

Right click on bottom toolbar (on desktop).. click on touchpad settings when touchpad window appears. Then again on "touchpad settings" disable TouchCheck. Next go to Zoom Settings and disable Zoom.

Its only been 10 minutes since I performed these acts.. but, so far so good.. Good luck,

1 Message

April 17th, 2009 09:00

Hi, i'm inn process of trying, to sort out my bros touchpad, only half works and i can not find the touchpad settings anywhere on laptop, we are currently using a usb we had to buy, if anyone can give me some pointers, they would be very welcome.

Thanx

2 Posts

April 17th, 2009 09:00

I solved my problem without the usb mouse.. Find touchpad properties on the bottom right corner of your desktop next to the battery status and clock, etc. Right click on the Touchpad properties when the window pops up..

I disabled the touchcheck on the "Touchpad Settings" and disabled the zoom setting found  on the "Scrolling and Zoom" settings (I can still use the manual zoom, anyway).

Once complete..all the typing and sudden uncontrollable zoom issues appeared corrected.

17 Posts

September 4th, 2009 21:00

OMG I just got my dell 1525 and my touchpad has been having the same problems for the past 6 days now BUT THANKS TO YOU ITS WORKING NICELY  NOW. i thought it was a hardware problem and that there was something wrong with the mouse but i guess it;s just all software problem..THANKS  ALOT MY VIET BROTHER.

2 Posts

February 21st, 2010 14:00

Right, I did that already yet the problem still persists. Help Help Help Please. My touchpad goes crazy and starts clicking everything. 

37 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 05:00

also, what exactly is "touch check"???

37 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 05:00

If your touchpad is "clicking" things unintentionally, try also disabling "Tap to Click" in the touchpad settings

2 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 11:00

Aw, great. Now it doesn't even move. :emotion-6:

March 11th, 2010 12:00

does anyone know how i can disable the touchpad so i can just use a pluf in mouse instead? by the way i can't find touch pad settings when i right click on bottom bar. 

March 11th, 2010 12:00

does anyone know how i can disable the touchpad completley?  - i prefer to use a plug in mouse. also i can't find the touchpad settings when i right click on the bottom bar. 

November 25th, 2010 12:00

Hi,

i know how frustrating this is! i finally got mine fixed - as far as i can remember a dell tech op had to install the touchpad driver so that i could de-activate it and use a mouse instead. For some reason this laptop doesn't come with the driver installed! He also installed the post-it's feature i think.

Good luck!

1 Message

November 25th, 2010 12:00

I do not have the touchpad on my bottom toolbar and I am about ready to throw this stupid thing against the wall.  This laptop has been a nightmare from the word GO and I am not sure I will EVER purchase another Dell computer.  How do I get the touchpad on my toolbar?  It was on there until a Dell Tech helped me restore my system to original factory specs.  GRRRRRRRR

1 Message

December 23rd, 2010 07:00

Hi. I purchased a 1545 earlier this year. I had the same issue. It also froze if I moved it too quickly while it was starting up. Eventually it quit working all together. I called tech support and they downloaded an Alps driver, which helped for a bit. Eventually, I had the entire mouse pad replaced. The tech said it appeared that there was a badly connected cable. This fixed the scrolling problems and freezing completely. No issues since. If you're under warranty, I suggest you call before it runs out.

Hope you get that fixed. It's a pain.

1 Message

March 5th, 2011 20:00

Thank you Dear SIR! You are great!

1 Message

September 23rd, 2011 15:00

I have had a hover click problem for months.  I followed every bit of advice I could find to no avail.  After reading the post about the touchpad driver not being installed, I realized that was my problem.  Somehow I had a mouse driver installed but no mouse, which explains why the settings changes I made had no effect.  I have had to endure painful typing as it would suddenly click to wherever the pointer happened to be hovering.  I am so relieved!

No Events found!