Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

1 Message

January 5th, 2009 04:00

Inspiron 1545 - which Bluetooth card

I've just a bought an Inspiron 1545 which does not have Bluetooth. I can see from the service manual that it supports a Bluetooth module, the question is which one? Does anyone know which module (Truemobile 350 or 360 for example) is used in the 1545?

Thanks

M

1 Message

January 5th, 2009 05:00

hi dear your bluetooth is Dell 365 Bluetooth ok brother

20 Posts

February 26th, 2009 22:00

You most definiately want the Dell 365 Bluetooth module.  It is very small and skinny thing.  The other modules are to big and the connector that it interfaces to is quite a bit different.

I just received one that I purchased off of ebay for about $25 delivered.  Works great.  Taking the bezel off the top of the laptop is quite tricky and has a couple of screws that need removed in the battery bay.  I also had to locate a very small metric screw to secure the module into place.

1 Message

April 4th, 2009 20:00

Hi.  I just got the 1545 a couple of weeks ago and stumbled onto the forum topic here.  I'm planning on adding the Dell 365 bluetooth module in the next month, but I'm wondering if anybody can answer a couple of questions before I crack the case open.

The service manual for the bluetooth part makes it look like once you get into the machine, all you have to do is plug a connector in and secure the module with a screw.  Once the part is in and I've loaded the drivers is there any way to turn the bluetooth radio on and off (e.g. a function key control).  Also, because bluetooth doesn't come standard with this model is there a compatability issue with the computer's BIOS?

Thanks!

4 Posts

April 20th, 2009 10:00

I believe the Bluetooth radio is controlled with the F2 key just like the WiFi

1 Message

June 29th, 2010 22:00

Can anybody tell me if the cable for (and including) the socket for the 365 adaptor is in the machine, or do I need to buy the cable/socket too?    Bought a 1545 from BestBuy..  Who sells a laptop w/o bluetooth these days, I mean really, why?  Any ways, I'd like to know if the cable is something I'll need to buy before I crack the case.

4 Posts

June 30th, 2010 05:00

The cable and plug were in my machine when I added the bluetooth card. It's an easy install if you are familiar with removing the keyboard. The whole job takes about 10 minutes!

1 Message

July 4th, 2010 15:00

any idea what size screws go in the bluetooth module once you've installed it?  I have one, installed it and have it all closed up without a screw and it works fine, but I'm worried I may end up jarring it loose and messing up the guts of my machine...  I've looked around for the answer but can't find it anywhere!  Thanks.

No Events found!