Highlighted
kellyvs
Copper

Inspiron 15R 5520 won't turn on

Jump to solution

I have had several problems with this laptop and am so frustrated!  Never had a Dell laptop that gave me so many problems and I have been a loyal customer for years.  This laptop won't turn on at all.  No lights, no nothing.  I have tried removing the battery and just using the adapter and that doesn't work.  I've tried all the things I have seen on here in the past and none of it works.  I am out of the warranty period.  What else can I try?  We have not been able to turn it on for over a week.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Inspiron 15R 5520 won't turn on

Jump to solution

Hi kellyvs,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the system switches ON.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to switch ON the system

I also suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive, optical drive, wireless card and see if that makes a difference.You may refer to manual in the link below for removing and reseating of components.

http://bit.ly/ZysMdy

Please let me know the findings.

0 Kudos
kellyvs
Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion.  Reseating everything seems to have worked.  Is this a common problem with this particular model?  I have had several problems regarding power/video issues ever since we got it.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi kellyvs,

It’s good that the issue is fixed. There is no particular issue reported on this model. Please reply us if you face any concerns.

0 Kudos
BFloyd1986
Copper

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to dig up an old thread however I'm having a similar issue with my dell inspiron 5520. I've tried removing the battery and holding the power button down for 15 sec, and removing and reinstall the ram/ hard drive and optical drive. They were the only ones I could easily remove by just removing the small back cover. The only difference I have is when plugged in the light on the left front for the wireless is lit up. And if I unplug the power supply and try turning it on with just the battery connected the wireless light will come on once I hit the power button and stay on for about a second after I let go, but the laptop won't start up. I can't even hear the harddrive spin up or anything. It was working fine yesterday and when I went to enter my password on the login screen it wouldn't accept it. I tried my password about ten times and the laptop powered down and hasn't been able to turn on since. Is there some kinda security in windows 8 possibly preventing this? Or is there possibly something else I should try?

0 Kudos
ToTheBeach
Copper

Jump to solution

I was just curious if you found a solution.  I have just about the identical problem.  It seems like the hardware is starting but not windows.  Thank You.

0 Kudos