Tight
6 Indium

Inspiron 15R N5110 Plugged in Not Charging

I've tried everything to fix this problem before asking for help here, but nothing seemed to work. Then I noticed on BIOS that this AC adapter isn't being recognized even though I've been using this same adapter since I got this laptop in March of 2012 (manufactured by Dell of course). Recently, like almost a month ago, it stopped charging completely and the speed of my browsers slow down considerably as a result. Currently I have 37% available battery left, and I was wondering if I should get a new AC Adapter. Or is it the batteries' fault?

I don't want to buy a replacement until I can confirm that this is truly the problem. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mistryh
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 15R N5110 Plugged in Not Charging

Hi,

I am having the save issue. I also tried recalibrating my battery but to no avail.
Mine does not go above 6% now. Sometimes plugged in, charging, sometimes plugged in, not charging.

I bought mine in Jan 2012. Just after a year my HD failed. I have had this battery issue since November 2013 now. Not sure if its the adapter (part where you plug the charger into the laptop). Most likely its the battery. Extremely frustrating. I think my charger is perfectly fine.

On the dell Battery Meter settings, I selected Turn off Battery Charging. And then restarted my laptop. For the first time in 8 months, after a few hours i noticed it was 100% charged. But as soon as I took the plug out, it died within a few minutes. Now back to the same issue.

Hope Dell can help! Cheers

0 Kudos
Tight
6 Indium

Lol, so do I.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tight
6 Indium

So yeah, I've looked everywhere to fix this problem and thought about using these support forums for once. I guess its too busy to get answers here, huh?

0 Kudos
Tight
6 Indium

...Nevermind then. I'll find a true solution to this problem myself lol.

0 Kudos