Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2014 09:00

Inspiron 15R N5110 Plugged in Not Charging

Sorry for putting it in this section, but I spent three days trying to get an answer for this problem but no one helps me, and I seriously have to fix this before its too late. I will copy and paste what I wrote in the previous thread:

I've tried everything to fix this problem before asking for help here, but nothing seemed to work. Then I noticed on BIOS that this AC adapter isn't being recognized even though I've been using this same adapter since I got this laptop in March of 2012 (manufactured by Dell of course). Recently, like almost a month ago, it stopped charging completely and the speed of my browsers slow down considerably as a result. Currently I have 37% available battery left, and I was wondering if I should get a new AC Adapter. Or is it the batteries' fault?

I don't want to buy a replacement until I can confirm that this is truly the problem. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

I now have about 20% charge battery since then, and its very frustrating because the only solution I can turn to is getting a replacement; I've tried literally EVERYTHING. Like I said before, I put it in the general hardware section, and I tried to keep bumping it for 3 days, but no one replied except one person who had the exact same problem as mine. I guess I'll have to take a gamble if no one helps here as well.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 10th, 2014 20:00

Sorry but I just do audio. I can't tell you if it is your battery, charger or motherboard. The guy who usually answers your type of question is ejn63. I don't know why he didn't answer you in the hardware section.

8 Posts

July 10th, 2014 20:00

Forget this site, I guess what they say about Dell is true lol.

No Events found!