Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2012 02:00

Inspiron 15R N5110 having Problem with shutting down and sleep mode

I am using Inspiron 15R N5110. When i am shutting down from power button it shows that it is shutting down but actually engine is continually working and power as well as WiFi light is also on. Previously i thought some file may be corrupted from Windows 7  so i have installed Windows 8. but still it creates a problem. and when i press down to sleep mode my screen is blank but when i want to start again it don't work. I have to press manually Power button in both cases after that i can access my laptop. Please help me. 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 6th, 2012 03:00

Hi HARPIT,

Updating the BIOS, Chipset and Notebook system software should fix the issue. The following links will help you download the necessary drivers;

Link for BIOS: http://dell.to/UmY8yD

Please connect the Ac Adapter while updating the BIOS and do not use the system once the update is initiated and until the system restarts completely.

Link for Chipset driver: http://dell.to/QHpdvi

Link for Notebook system software: http://dell.to/QSdomf

The drivers have to be installed in the same order as mentioned above and please restart the system after every driver installation.

Please do reply for further assistance.

4 Posts

November 6th, 2012 08:00

Hello ,

Thanks a lot for your reply. But it doesn't work even.

Regards,

Harpit

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 13th, 2012 06:00

Hi HARPIT,

I am sorry for the delayed response, after updating the drivers in the system and still the problem persist in the system; this indicates that the motherboard may be faulty.  I would request you to send a private message with your system service tag, as I need to check a few more details about the computer. In order to send a private message, please accept my friend request, click on my user name and click start conversation. In order to create a dispatch I would need the following details to raise a service request for your system.

1.         First Name

2.         Last name

3.         Shipping address (where you want the service to happen)

4.         Primary Phone.

5.         Alternate phone Number.

6.         Best time to reach you.

I would suggest you to back all the important files and folders.

4 Posts

August 9th, 2014 07:00

Hi .!

What i can help you is do the same what i did. as my laptop warranty already gone i went to private service center and he did service to my laptop afterwards it works perfectly normal. and what he told me it was a minor problem and he suggested me to do service at every 6 months that's all.!!

I hope it might helpful :)

3 Posts

sorry for writting upgrade, ı meant ''update'' by it.

3 Posts

hi;

I have been having same problem as well. I did all upgrade on dell support with my tag number. There is no such more upgrade available for me but the problem is still on going. I tried many thing written on internet such as changing power setting. I need your help,

Thank you

3 Posts

August 9th, 2014 08:00

hi

My laptop warrant has been expired too. I checked all hardwares and there is no any problem on them. I strongly think that its software problem. I followed every solution that is written on internet. I did updating bios, network and etc. I checked windows problems as well if there was any! but there is no such any sign that it can be solved. Probably ı need to accept the living with this problem:)

Thank you so much for your replied.

4 Posts

August 12th, 2014 03:00

hi.!

Your welcome!!  Have you try to install other OS ? but i strongly belive it'S A HARDWARE PROBLEM;

No Events found!