Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2016 05:00

Inspiron 15R N5110 "AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined"

I've been facing this issue for 2 days now! Yesterday my charger(AC adapter) stopped charging my laptop in all of a sudden so i thought it was just the adapter that stopped working so the next day i went and bought another AC adapter with the same Input , and output power plugged it on my laptop and it started beeping then it showed me this:

The AC adapter is just the same as the original one 90-W as well but seems like my system doesn't detect the Adapter so i went to my BIOS , and checked

AC Adapter type: "None"

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 10th, 2016 03:00

In order try:

A new Dell OEM AC adapter -- if that doesn't solve the problem,

Replace the DC jack board:

< >

-- if that doesn't solve it,

Replace the mainboard.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 12th, 2016 05:00

There is no way to have the system run at full speed unless the AC adapter is recognized.

4 Posts

January 12th, 2016 03:00

That's a kinda costy way to find out what's wrong exactly to know what to actually replace but is there any way i can just block my PC from actually limiting my performance? i know that the input and output powers are exact same , and from the same company so it shouldn't really limit my laptop performance because of that my PC thinks it doesn't get enough power!

4 Posts

January 13th, 2016 04:00

Alright thanks I'll have to send my laptop to a nearby repairing shop so they could identify which one is actually causing the problem , and hopefully replace the damaged item

1 Message

March 3rd, 2016 01:00

Hi. Did you get the problem sorted. I have exactly the same issue. Replace ac adapter, battery, etc. Also had the laptop checked, not a faulty part.... Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 3rd, 2016 03:00

The DC power jack would be next to replace.  If it's not the cause, then the mainboard is bad.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 3rd, 2016 11:00

I'd give serious consideration to replacing the DC jack board:

< >

before replacing the mainboard -- that would be a last resort (and I'd give serious consideration to putting that $200+ toward a new system before doing that on a system as old as this one is.

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 11:00

Now i sent to a nearby Computer repair shop he tried changing the charger twice and resulted in same problem he said the motherboard will need to be replaced which he said would cost something around 200$ i don't know if this is true so i haven't fixed it yet

No Events found!