Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2016 16:00

Inspiron 15R not booting at all!

Hello Dell Community!

I searched everywhere on the internet for a solution to my problem but did not find it, so here I am to ask for your support.

A few day ago my Laptop started showing a few probems during startup, and when I was finally able to get to my home screen, there was this 100% Disk Usage Issue, that dragged on for almost an hour if not for more time.

So, yesterdey I tried to turn the Laptop on. There was the Dell loading screen, and then a black screen. Windows does not load after this. Note that the screen is turned ON but its all black.

I got to my girlfriends laptop which also runs Win 8.1 and created a USB Recovery Disk. I Also created a USB/DVD Win 8.1 install.

Both failed to make my computer start.  It goes like this: Dell logo, Windows blue logo, black screen.

I tried a few different settings on the boot order and Setup, but nothing seems to work.

Dell Inspiron 15R

Windows 8.1

Service tag - <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

tl;dr - windows 8.1 not booting past dell logo. tried recovery disk but it doesn't work.

PS: Sorry for the english.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 5th, 2016 11:00

:emotion-2:

Tap F12 (Diagnostic):

1.Turn off Laptop

2. Power on laptop, quickly tap F12 continuously.(Don't wait for Dell icon to appear, soon as you turn on laptop, start tapping)

https://youtu.be/rMBIyeelQA0

January 5th, 2016 12:00

Hello there and thank you taking you time to help me!

Today I tried to turn the computer on again, and this time it showed a blue screen with the following error:

UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME.

Does it help you figuring out a way to fix it?

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 5th, 2016 13:00

What exactly is your Dell system model ? Example: Dell Inspiron 3048, windows 10

January 5th, 2016 14:00

Inspiron 15R 5537

Windows 8.1

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 5th, 2016 19:00

:emotion-2:

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 STOP Error (Blue Screen) Troubleshooting:

www.dell.com/.../EN

No Events found!