Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2013 05:00

Inspiron 15r 5521 - high pitch related to brightness and more...

Hello,

i received my new Inspiron 15r (5521)  two weeks ago and I am experiencing an annoying high pitch humming depending on the level of screen brightness set. At the lowest or highest brightness level the pitch almost disappears, and grows stronger as the brightness is set to the middle levels. When running on batteries it gets even worse. On AC is rather bearable.

Another thing I have noticed is at the screen bevel, where the screen and the notebook lid join, there seems to be a gap big enough to fit a sheet of paper. It seems to be a manufacturing defect, although perhaps not critical (see attached photo). My fear is what will happen in a few months, whether it will detach completely and my computer will fall apart, or if there is nothing to worry about.

I bought this unit from Amazon and could have it returned , although I am happy with it if these issues can be solved.

I look forward to hearing from you, if any of you have experienced the same issues. And I look forward to hearing from DELL support team!

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!