Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2016 22:00

Inspiron 15z 5523 Ultrabook not turning on, Not Charging,No lights,No sound

I shut down my laptop the other day...while it was shutting down I closed the lid and placed it in my bag(the battery was around 35 maybe)... Charged my iPhone while the laptop was off and after some time the charging stopped. I ignored this and after sometime tried to turn on the laptop ... It wouldn't turn on... No red lights for low battery no display... I plugged in the laptop ... No lights ... Tried reseating the ram without any luck ... Since it's inspiron 15z 5523 Ultrabook from late 2012 I cannot go down to the battery easily. The laptop has never been opened.except for changing ram that too 2 years ago

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2016 04:00

Unplug the system, disconnect the battery (remove the base cover to access it), and hold the power button for 30 sec.

Verify that the LED on the adapter or DC plug is ON before you continue.  If it's not, the adapter is bad and will need to be replaced.

Remove and reinstall both memory modules.

Power on on AC only with the battery disconnected.  If it will but won't with the battery in place, the battery is bad;  replace it.

If the system still won't power up, replace the mainboard.

No Events found!