Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 31st, 2013 18:00

Inspiron 15z 5523 Ultrabook not turning on - no response

Hello, Got my laptop a month ago and was working well until yesterday. I had just closed it the other night after charging it. Then there was nothing - no boot, no LED with charger, no fan. I checked and the charger is definitely functioning, so I worry that this is a problem with the motherboard. Since it's an ultrabook, I haven't been able to remove flea power since the battery is embedded into the laptop. If I could get some advice on removing it, or any other possible solutions, that would be great! Otherwise, I wonder if it would be possible for a technician to come have a look at it ASAP? I'm a student at uni and have no way to get to the repair centre :(

3 Posts

July 19th, 2014 12:00

Very helpful!

There is a bad module that doesn't work in neither socket.

What does it mean? Can I use only the working one or must i buy a new one?

thank you very much

3 Posts

August 29th, 2014 10:00

Hi ej.miranda,

The Inspiron 15z has a Reset button. The reset button can used in scenarios should the system freeze up or not respond. The user just needs to use a paper clip to reset the system by inserting the pointed end into the reset hole underneath the notebook.

Please refer the below image to locate Reset button:

• Resetting the system causes unsaved data to be lost.
  • The reset option will not reset the notebook or operating system to factory settings.
  • Pressing the reset button switches the system off.

Please reply for further help.

The above reply is helped me a lot in time. when my inspiron15z had gone dead. Thanks a lot

1 Message

October 20th, 2014 17:00

I am having the same problem described by the OP. No power, no lights, no beeps. AC adapter led is illuminated, im getting 19.5v at the connection. I've tried the reset button to no avail. I've removed and replaced the ram sticks, held the power button, held the reset button. I've done all that with the charger disconnected and connected. Please help me!

1 Message

November 4th, 2014 02:00

I have the same problem. My Dell inspiron 15z is not starting. So I have used the reset button and now it was on. I have run the diagnostic tests as suggested and I have got an 

error code: 2000-0314

validation 76634

msg: The chipset thermistor reading (100c) exceeding the thermal limit.

Can you suggest what is the problem with my Laptop and what i have to do to rectify it.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2014 19:00

Had the same problem, the reset button works thank you

1 Message

January 3rd, 2015 02:00

I am having the same problem as  Kathartic. It was working perfectly the night before but nothing happened on pressing the power button next morning. The charging indicator LED along with other LED s does not get lit. It seems like pressing the RESET button on the RAM panel could do the trick as for  Kathartic.

I have a few questions on pressing the Reset Button;

a)Does it wipe out my laptop because I have important files on my laptop?

b)Do I need to plug in the AC adapter during the process?

c)How long will it take to Reset the laptop?

1 Message

January 24th, 2015 09:00

Thank you!

My laptop had the same problem .Once the motherboard was erplaced.It happened again two months after and unfortunately the warranty has expired..No one from the custumer service was able to tell me to do this!

I've done it and the laptop is working again!

May I ask why are happening these sudden stoppings?

2 Posts

May 15th, 2015 15:00

i have a 15z when i try to turn it on, its completely blank and i hear 4 beeps.

from what i understand it is probably the ram/memory so i order 2 new ones and try to install it, and i still get 4 beeps? what do i do now? i have also done the reset

i tried only inserting one of the memory module (there is slot for 2) apparently when i insert 2 the system won't start (i get 4 beeps) however if I only insert one of them the system starts.

how to fix this?

4 Posts

August 15th, 2015 02:00

Hi,
I have Inspiron 15 Dell from Ultrabook 5523. I installed the new SSD (mSATA, 120 GB, Intel), I formatted him and I created the new native partition.
I wanted to install the pure version Windows 8 on it, but in the course of the installation an error appeared (I don't remember his contents).
After the reboot of the laptop computer F2 and F12 aren't acting and a system isn't loading.

If I take this disk out, everything is acting. What I can do, if only acted with the new disk?

1 Message

November 13th, 2015 22:00

Hi karthi,

While power on the laptop by Fun key + power button its on but nothing display instead I got 6 times beep sound and after that lock lights blinking for 9 times with the beep sound after that some other sounds coming this repeated.

And also I checked the adapter light is in green colour only and the power button also looks good

Suggest me to the next step

Or

Send ur what's app chat no for the Time to time update.

Please help me to over come this issue..

Thanks,

Parthiban

1 Message

January 15th, 2016 19:00

Hi, I have the same problem with my ultrabook, not turning ON. Even if i plug the adapter, its not lit the power icon. I red this thread to troubleshoot, i tried reset from the backside of the laptop, also tried long press the power button. 

1 Message

April 26th, 2016 04:00

Hello,

The following error is reported on running the diagnostic test.

Error Code 2000-0151

Validation 96268

Msg Hard Drive 0 - S/N W0V6J554, incorrect status  = 3E

SMART Predictive Failure

Please help.

1 Message

May 9th, 2016 14:00

I tried this but the problem is not solved.... What should I do

4 Posts

May 21st, 2016 22:00

the answer in this post by colmfarrell  :

en.community.dell.com/.../20911211

1 Message

May 31st, 2016 16:00

Hi nikhil,

I tried your steps, but still the same issue.it is turning on,showing the black screen only.

can u plz suggest something else.

No Events found!